THESE KNIGHTS INSPIRE US
“Everyday Heroes,” a new nine-part online video series, highlights how ordinary men of the Knights of Columbus have made an extraordinary difference in the lives of others.
The videos, which tell the stories of Knights of various ages and backgrounds, are found online at kofceverydayheroes.org.
“This film series offers a glimpse into the many ‘ordinary’ ways in which the Knights serve those around them,” said Knights of Columbus CEO Carl Anderson. “‘Everyday Heroes’ are your brothers, friends and co-workers who quietly serve, often over many years.”
The videos share the stories of Knights who have stepped up at crucial moments or deeply affected others through their faith and commitment. They include:
• “Not Your Average Joe”: Joe Reali, a young man whose remarkable but short life inspired the birth of a new Knights of Columbus council that is named for him.
• “A Touchdown for Life”: Knights from the University of Notre Dame who raise money for pro-life initiatives and other charities by grilling and selling steaks before Fighting Irish football games.
• “Grace in the Eye of the Storm”: Jose Lebron-Sanabria, who served as a focal point of the organization’s relief efforts following last year’s Hurricane Maria in Puerto Rico.
• “Going for Gold”: Chris Dooley, an active Knight of Columbus and a multisport Special Olympics athlete, reveals the triumph and heroism of athletes who give witness to the dignity of those with intellectual disabilities.
• “The Singing Seminarians”: A group of young men studying for the priesthood, whose vocations are supported by the Knights of Columbus, look to evangelize through the power of song.
• “Blessed Are the Persecuted”: Canadian Knights take the lead to provide sustained help to a refugee family from Syria.
• “Warrior for Christ”: The men and women who take part in the Knights’ annual Warriors to Lourdes pilgrimage.
• “The Heart of a Champion”: Former professional baseball player Darrell Miller’s path to faith and how it shaped how he raised his son, Darrell Jr., who is also pursuing a major league career.
• “Sacrifice and Brotherhood”: James Wolf’s commitment to serving others resulted in his joining the Knights and inspiring his father to do the same. His service to his nation included giving his life as a U.S. Army soldier serving in Iraq.
To view these videos please click on the link https://www.kofceverydayheroes.org/